Assistive Technology Support for Individuals
The idea behind my personalized access technology solution is that people have different needs and learning styles.
Some want to learn as much as possible so they can be ready for anything. If that’s you, great! However, just as important is the next person who may simply want the minimum to get the job done, then call later when something else crops up. We all have different limits, and sometimes less is more. Some learn by example, some learn better by taking a few pointers and trying to figure things out for themselves, and some just want it fixed so they can go on about their day.
You may be:
- A student who is working on that all-important paper. Do you struggle with research, reading books, or those dreaded citations? Been there, done that!
- A business professional whose company has suddenly made changes or updates that are driving you insane. Maybe you’re even more ambitious and want to build a website, or take a website from good to great in class. How does your name in a dot com sound?
- A retired lifelong learner or hobbyist who wants technology to just work the way it should. On the other hand, you may need help with online resources to feed your hobby. If only I had a dime for every time I heard, “I had no idea that was available online!”
None of these? Have no fear. I specialize in makin’ your tech life easy, no matter what that entails. I think outside the box and color outside the lines.
So the first step is we chat for free! Grab some coffee—I sure will—and we will figure out together how you work. What do you like about technology? What do you hate about technology?
I’m also going to ask you about your goals with your tech. Are you a student, working, looking to start a business, retired, or a lifelong learner? Do you want to use technology for school, work, personal stuff like communicating with friends and family, playing games, or other hobbies?
Along the way, I’ll also be learning how you work. Do you want me to give you some pointers and then let you try some things on your own, or do you want more hands-on teaching? Do you like lots of detail or just the facts? Over time, as we work together, I will get to know you and how best to help you tame your tech.
This first free chat usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. You are highly encouraged to ask questions. The more input and direction I have from you, the better I can tailor my services to fit your needs.
What to expect
After the first free chat, when we connect, you can expect someone who is professional and deeply cares about your specific situation. At a minimum, I want to make your tech trouble go away. I would also love to help you learn to use your technology better if that’s what you want or need. I can connect to your computer and begin making your tech life easier today!
Below is a partial list of services that I can provide to you as a member of WFH.
- New PC/iPhone setup: Did you just get a new PC or iPhone and are not sure what to do with it? Maybe you have the software and apps but are not sure how to customize them for yourself. I can help.
- Clean and/or tune up your PC: Have you had your PC for a while? Maybe it just needs a good kick in the pants! You may have a lot of stuff running in the background that can either be turned off or removed, thus saving you memory and allowing your computer to run faster!
- NVDA, Narrator or Jaws configuration help: Let me help you tune up your screen reader to work the way you do. I get a lot of complements for this service alone.
- Magnification help: How about ZoomText, Fusion, or the Windows Magnifier. Having trouble seeing things on your computer screen the way you need to? I can help make it better or recommend alternatives, including better color contrast, a larger mouse pointer, cursor, etc.
- Office: Do you need help with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, or Power Point? This is one of my most popular services.
- Computer Purchase Advice: Do you find yourself bewildered by the prospect of getting a new PC? I can walk you through the process and help you configure the right PC for you.
- Software Updates: Has your software been languishing for a while? Let me help you update Windows and any other software you have, quickly and without hassle!
- Games: Yes, people who are visually impaired or blind can also enjoy games. Let me help you find the right game for you—PC or iOS!
- iPhone, iPad, iPod: If you need help with apps like Seeing AI to read documents, identify groceries, or medicine bottles, Aira to give you sighted help at the tap of your finger, Talking Books made specifically for the blind and visually impaired, transferring settings and apps to a new device, or training, I can help with this.
- Thinking about one of the many smart speakers like the Amazon Echo? Let’s get one setup for you!
- LinkedIn: Promote yourself by getting your LinkedIn profile ready for the world, or just ask me to tweak it for you.
That list is only a quick sampling of services I can provide for you. Everyone will of course be unique and may therefore require things that are not on this list. Hopefully this short list gives you an idea of how I can help. Young or old, newbie or experienced, I will tame your tech for you!
I can hear people asking me, “What is this going to cost?” So you have a few options. All services for individuals are subscription based. You will be charged a set amount either on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis. No extras, no hidden costs or add-ons, etc.
- Billed Monthly
- Cancel at any time
- Billed Quarterly
- Cancel at any time
- Billed Yearly
- Cancel at any time
I’d love to hear from you by phone at: 567-234-0078 or email at: Help@WebFriendlyHelp.com.
Let’s talk about how I can make your tech work for you today!