Organizational Assistive Technology Service
If you are an organization who serves or employs individuals who are blind or visually impaired, you will likely benefit from one of the options below.
As we know, technology is ever-changing, and even the most proficient users will need support from time to time. You may have students who depend on technology to be successful in their classes, or employees who rely on assistive technology to do their jobs effectively each day. If you would like to discuss how your organization could benefit from these services, please don’t hesitate to call or email me. The idea behind my organizational assistive technology solution is that people have different needs and learning styles. Some people learn by example, some learn better by taking a few pointers and trying to figure things out for themselves, and some just want it fixed so they can go on about their day.
I specialize in makin’ your organization’s tech life easy, no matter what that entails. I think outside the box and color outside the lines.
So the first step is we chat for free! Grab some coffee—I sure will—and let’s figure out how we can smooth out your organization’s users experiences with assistive technology.
I’m also going to ask you about your goals with your tech. What assistive technology challenges are you having?
Along the way, I’ll also be learning you and your organization. Do you want me to give you some pointers and then let you try some things on your own, or do you want more hands-on teaching? Do you like lots of detail or just the facts? Over time, as we work together, I will get to know you and how best to help your organization tame your tech.
This first free chat usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Please ask questions. The more input and direction I have from you, the better I can tailor my services to fit your needs.
What to expect
After the first free chat, when we connect, you can expect someone who is professional and deeply cares about your organization.
My service is popular because assistive technology proficiency is greatly varied in the blind and low vision community. It’s inevitable that what comes easily to one person is another’s challenge. I’m here to help level and elevate the playing field. Below is just a glimpse if issues I can mitigate for you as an organizational member of WFH.
- New PC/iPhone setup: Did you just get a new PC or iPhone and are not sure what to do with it? Maybe you have the software and apps but are not sure how to customize them for yourself. I can help.
- NVDA, Narrator or Jaws configuration help: Let me help you tune up your screen reader to work the way you do. I get a lot of complements for this service alone.
- Magnification help: How about ZoomText, Fusion, or the Windows Magnifier. Having trouble seeing things on your computer screen the way you need to? I can help make it better or recommend alternatives, including better color contrast, a larger mouse pointer, cursor, etc.
- Office: Do you need help with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, or Power Point? This is one of my most popular services.
- Software Updates: Has your software been languishing for a while? Let me help you update Windows and any other software you have, quickly and without hassle!
- iPhone, iPad, iPod: If you need help with apps like Seeing AI to read documents, Aira to give you sighted help at the tap of your finger, transferring settings and apps to a new device, or training, I can help with this.
- LinkedIn: Promote yourself by getting your LinkedIn profile ready for the world, or just ask me to tweak it for you.
That list is only a quick sampling of services I can provide. Every organization will of course be unique and may require things that are not on this list. Hopefully this short list gives you an idea of how I can help. I will tame your tech for you!
Tame Your Organization’s Tech!
I can hear people asking me, “What is this going to cost?” So you have a few options. All services for individuals are subscription based. You will be charged a set amount either on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis. No extras, no hidden costs or add-ons, etc.
Each option below is geared to serve up to five people at a given time with an estimated time duration of one hour per person per week. This does not mean that each person using the membership is required to call in each week. The individual using the service may only need assistance every two months as an example.
Each membership will automatically renew at the end of the term, unless canceled.
If you are not sure your organization would like a membership plan, or if you expect your services to be very short-term, you can opt for an hourly rate. This rate is $75 per hour. Your organization will be invoiced for payment. Contact WFH to discuss specifics if you would like to use this option.